Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photography class!

I have always loved photography and admired the work of people like my Aunt Grace, and my friends Shay and Rebekah.
When we had Madeleine I decided that I really wanted to learn more about photography with the hope that I could artistically capture and treasure the many fleeting baby moments that I never want to forget!  I started by doing my research on a good starter SLR camera and have happily been working with my Canon Rebel Xsi for a few months now.  I have been taking a photography class at the local community college and learning about aperture, shutter speed, exposure and the many other basic science stuff behind a good picture.  I have so much to learn and I am really loving it.  Here are just a few photos taken as homework assignments for my class. 





3 comments:

  September 24, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Keep it up! :-) You have beautiful little subjects to practice on! I love that photo of them on the floor laughing.... so cute!

Jillian Schmidt September 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Hi Dan!

(I think)I saw you from afar when I was visiting Sabrina in Charlottesville recently. I was sad that I didn't get to talk to you and find out what was new so I'm glad that Facebook alerted me to this great blog :-D.
I actually got a Canon Rebel XSi myself this summer for our honeymoon trip. (We have a blog too - marriageat10mph.com - but our updates are atrociously slow.) It's definitely a great camera and I love your photos and your beautiful daughter!

~ Jillian

Jillian Schmidt September 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

I realized I'm not sure who writes which posts, so maybe hello and wonderful photos to Kristin? I blame the shoes.

~ crazy Jillian